Sunday, November 3, 2019

October finishes

A long time ago I made a quilt for a raffle for a little boy who was suffering from a rare medical condition.  One of the ladies who helped with that raffle approached me about making quilts for her Wounded Warrior program she started.  Her son was killed in Iraq and she started this program as a memorial to him.  I agreed to help her and this is my first quilt for the Wounded Warriors.  She will present this locally.  Two other ladies from my quilt club will be helping me make these quilts.




This is Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt from 2018-Good Fortune.  I started making it for my brother and sister in law.  Her favorite color is lime green.  Since it was a mystery, I didn't know where the green would end up in the quilt, or even how much of it would show up.  I think if I had know the color placement I probably would have reversed the green and the aqua just for her preference.  I am very happy with how the colors turned out.  
 I think this is the third BH mystery quilt where I strayed from her colors.  I don't know if you can go wrong with one of her quilts no matter what colors you use.

The backing has a lot of green in it.  I think my SIL will like the quilt no matter what.
I was thinking of changing my colors for this year's mystery quilt-Frolic.  It has the lime green, aqua and dark blue in it like this quilt does.  I didn't know if I would have enough varieties of these colors, have enough quantity or if I wanted to use such similar colors.  I love the colors in Frolic though, so I am going to try it and hope I don't have to buy much more fabric.  I think I am going to make Frolic for my 86 year old aunt. 

I am working on Kamille's Pineapple Blossom quilt.  I am hoping to finish that before the mystery begins.  I also have my quilt club's mystery quilt to finish.  I am not liking that so much, so it is difficult to get motivated.  And I have Kelly and Seth's baby quilt to make.  I have finally chosen a pattern and am looking forward to making that.  

No comments: