Wednesday, October 9, 2019

not organized

I happened upon a picture that linked to my blog, so I looked through some older posts.  I wish I had kept up with the blog.  The blog brought back some memories, both good and bad.  

One problem I have is that I am not organized at all.  I need to organize my projects on my computer so I can find them.  I need to remember to take pictures.  Then I need to put them in the blog.

I would like to include my grandkids more too.  I have 13.  They range in age from 17 to almost one.  They are the joy of my life.

This post is going to focus on some of the quilts that I have made over the last year.  There is one that is older and I don't remember when I made it or if I have it on the blog or not.

So in no particular order....

Scaredy Cat table runner.  I made seven of these.  I gave some away as gifts for people who helped me out, some to my kids and grand daughter and one to a local charity to raffle off at their pumpkin fest.  (When I went to the PF, this was rolled up in a bag not even out for display.  I said something so they quickly threw it on a table.  It wasn't displayed at all and I was pretty disappointed.  I put a ticket in the jar for it and thought I would get it back.  Someone else must have put a ticket in for it too, because I didn't get it!  LOL)
 This was made with Halloween fabric for the Halloween grandson born last year. 
 The backing was minky and I loved the way the quilting showed up on it.

 I was making the latest Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt for my brother and sister-in law.  The top is together and waiting for me to make it a backing and quilt it.  I got really sick in February (sarcoidosis flare) and was not up to doing anything for a couple of months.  I have just recently started feeling like sewing again.  I want to get this finished before Bonnie's next mystery quilt next month.
 I made my grandson a Hungry Caterpillar quilt.  I had this quilt for a long time and never had the right kid to make it for.  I made a secret pocket for a caterpillar I bought to go with it.
 This is a Bonnie Hunter quilt I made out of batiks for my daughter's friend.  This may already be on the blog.  I think this is a few years old.
 My quilt club did a Round Robin quilt where we each made two quilt blocks out of the colors in a box for each person and then passed the box along each month.  That was a fun project.  I picked out the purple fabrics for Charlotte. 
 Here is the caterpillar quilt finished.  Micah loved it!
 This is a fancy forest quilt I made for my daughter's college graduation quilt.  She fell in love with the gray baby quilt version on this.

No comments: