Sunday, January 6, 2013

ipad bag and progress on Easy Street


My husband gave me an Ipad for Christmas.  I wanted a bag to carry it upstairs with me, along with my mp3 player and my phone.  I didn't have enough hands to carry them all separately.  I didn't make this exactly how I wanted to, I wanted a flap to cover the top and the front pockets, but I messed up a bit, so I just left those off.  I didn't have  a large enough piece of fabric for the zippered pocket, so I just pieced some together.  


 The two different sized pockets are for my phone and my mp3 player.  The bag is functional and good enough for me.  It serves the purpose for which it was made.  I can put my readers in the bag, my cords and my ear buds.  I may still add a closure somewhere along the line if I decide to use the bag outside of the house.

Here is my progress so far on Easy Street.  I had some family matters to attend to today so I didn't get a chance to work on it.  I am thinking of adding a pieced border.




Here is the design I came up with.  I am still on the fence about whether or not I am going to use this.  

7 comments:

Frances Meredith said...

I agree, I think the design needs a pieced border - I like your ideas. I will get mine together before I move onto the borders though!

Stacey said...

Go for it!

Unknown said...

What great ideas every Linky!! Yes a pieced border looks amazing! And congratulations on Easy Street. It's been such fun watching as we all progress toward... The surprise ending :-)

Dee in AZ

Denise said...

Good idea! I like your border setting and your Easy Street of course :)

Wendi said...

I love the pieced border!

Barbara Sindlinger said...

I'm impressed at people who want to piece more after all the piecing already. Go for it - and show it off here for all to see.

Anonymous said...

Your Easy Street looks fantastic. I think those of you doing pieced borders are incredible - I couldn't face it LOL.