Saturday, October 20, 2012

Getting ready for Christmas

This is a Christmas quilt I made using the Missouri Star Quilt Company Youtube tutorial.    Jenny showed a clever way to make the scrappy four patches with charm squares.  I had an election for which quilt to send to Christopher, and this one lost.  (See previous post.)
I wasn't loving this quilt too much until I finished quilting it.  It looks very different in person.  I wish my picture could capture that.  Good thing I like it now because I am making another one and they are Christmas gifts.  If I hadn't liked them they would probably have gone to the SPCA for the puppies to enjoy.


This is a Christmas table topper I made with a pattern I bought while on vacation.  It didn't turn out quite like I had planned.  I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing while cutting and didn't have enough fabric to cut more.  I wanted the striped fabric to be the large triangle on the outside with the light green dotty print the outside border.  Other than that it was easy and quick to make.  I am hoping to make a few more for presents.  It can be made larger and used for a tree skirt, which is also in the plans.  I didn't have a large 60 degree ruler, and having one of those would have made this even easier.  I quilted it with free hand swirls that went fast also and I like how they turned out.

5 comments:

LimeRiot said...

Your quilts are always so wonderful!! I haven't started any xmas crafting yet. I know it's going to be here before we know it!!

InGa said...

I liked your christmas quilt.
Thanks for you comment on my blogg.

Annabella said...

This Christmas quilt looks pretty amazing to me! It's beautiful Pam.

Ivory Spring said...

I love that Christmas quilt!

Jeanne said...

Hi, I just found your site so I'm cruising backwards thru it. Having fun, too! I love your Jenny Doan quilt!! I love the red in it. It really pops! Jenny is my hero. I have watched every one of her Youtube videos. I'm making her Big Block Star Block quilt - 2 of them - king size!!! Whoo hoo!!! You do nice work.