Sunday, January 29, 2012

Success!!

Don't you just love it when you go shopping for fabric for a specific project and find it?  I needed fabric for the backing and binding of a charity quilt I am making and found something I love for that.  I was also looking for fabric for a wedding quilt I am making for my friend to give to her daughter.  She loves country colors and I found fabric for her quilt too!  A definite success!!

 I went to PA Outlet in Lemoyne, PA.  It is a neat old warehouse where they have tons of fabrics for all purposes.  They have buttons, zippers, pelts, etc.  Their selection of cottons has been increased and they had quite a bit of really nice fabric.

Here are the fabrics I bought.  On the left is the backing and binding for the charity quilt which is peaking through on top.  To the right are the mostly Thimbleberry fabrics for the country wedding quilt.  Those colors aren't very true on my computer and they aren't exactly what I wanted to get-not a lot of difference in scale, but I think they will still work.

And I have one more thing to add-another finish for January.  I made a bag for a birthday present.  January has been a pretty productive month.  Two quilt finishes (one was started in December) and a bag.

3 comments:

Quiltingranny said...

Amazing...do they have a website? Love the bag it is beautiful. Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving me a comment. I think I will purchase the push piece and see if that is it, it does have safety built in and maybe that is why it quit working. Will keep you posted!

Quiltingranny said...

Love they have a website, hate the fact I would need to purchase $200. Boo! :(

Unknown said...

Hi! I just wanted to let you know that if you would like to claim your prize for the pillow case giveaway, I need you to email me with your mailing address by Tuesday February 7th. After that point I will need to choose a new winner.

Thanks so much!
Ashley
simplydesigning.blogspot.com
simplydesigning@gmail.com