Wednesday, October 21, 2015

What I have been up to

I have not blogged for months.  I have another blog for my quilt club that I do monthly, but I have really been neglecting my personal blog.  So here is just a brief recap of the last few months.

I finally finished my Grand Illusion quilt.  I wanted to finish this before the next mystery begins.  I am gifting this and hope the recipient likes it as much as I do.

I am working on a quilt for my hubby too.  I want to finish that and make one more quilt before the mystery begins.  


I probably shouldn't include this picture-sorry.  I made this little table topper for my neighbor who had surgery.  She was gracious and allowed me to take a picture of her with it.
 I knit my grandson Brady a Sack Boy.  I never heard of him before, so Brady drew a picture of him and I found a pattern to make him.  Brady picked out the blue eyes for him.  My first knit doll.

My aunt visited my mother (her sister) after not seeing each other for 25 years.  I just love this picture of them and want to print it out for my mother.

My newest addition to my herd.  A coral sewing machine.  I want to put it somewhere, but I am not sure where yet.  It sews ok-it's not like a vintage singer though.  I don't know if it needs a little more work or not.  It was just too pretty not to buy.  I also got a treadle this summer.  I got a Singer Red Eye.  Treadling isn't as easy as it looks!  I need to find time to practice that.

My quilt club makes a quilt for Special Olympics to raffle off every year.  This year we made a bargello-our first bargello.

Make a Wish threw a princess birthday party for my grandson Oliver.  He was so excited and delighted with the party.  There were princesses, clowns and a magician with rabbits.

This is Micah.  He is the newest addition to the family.  He was born in August, so will celebrate an August birthday with two of his cousins and two of his siblings.  I shouldn't put this picture in either-sorry to me.

I got to sew outside a little bit this past summer.  What a wonderfully relaxing way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

Sarah wanted matching quilts for Micah and Josiah since they will be sharing a room.  The theme of their bedroom is pirates.  I found these really cute panels by Riley Blake and designed a border for them.

One of Sarah's friends lost her mother to breast cancer and asked me to make her a memory quilt with some of her shirts.  This is what I came up with.

Lucy got a sister for her birthday this year.  This is Chin.  They love each other.



In quilt club we are working on a round robin quilt.  This is mine.  Everyone has designed one of the rounds.  My round is the triangles that set the quilt on angle.  The 5th round is going to be applique, I was told.


This is AJ and his mom Tiffany.  I think he was about three
 months old here.

This is Micah in his Halloween costume that I made for him.  I made Madison a Princess Leia costume.  Josiah is going to be Yoda and Elijah will be Luke Skywalker.  I think dad is going to be Darth Vader.  I think mom is going to be Luke's mother and Teddy is going to be an Ewok.

I have been gardening, knitting and canning.  I canned tomatoes, pears, relish, pickles, applesauce and pear sauce and apple pie filling.  I knit the baby a hat and socks, socks for me and now I am working on sweater jackets for the three littlest grandsons.  I have been busy babysitting my grand kids and my mother.  I know when I am finally, if ever, able to retire, my days will be full.

I just realized that it has been a year since I wrote a blog post.  I thought it was just a few months.  I guess I will have to try to do at least a monthly post from now on.  So much happens and time goes by so quickly.  I want something to help me remember.

2 comments:

Marjorie said...

The "sisters" picture is sublime! And I might have a serious crush on your coral sewing machine. Thanks for the update!

Quiltingranny said...

Like you Pam, I have been so busy with collecting, cataloging, photographing, packing up quilts for fire victims this year, I have not blogged as much as I would like and forget quilting, I can't even get to my machine!
Beautiful pics and remember, there are no rules to how much we have to blog!
I will continue to peek in on you!