Saturday, June 21, 2014

Quilting again June 2014

After a long hiatus from quilting, I am finally back!  I just wasn't feeling it.  Then my daughter asked me to make a quilt for her friend who is suffering from Lymphoma.  I started it, then took a week off, then went back to it a little bit at a time, but it is finally finished.  This is the Depression Block that I made the Missouri Star Quilt way.  All of the squares were on the bias.  I think I prefer the way I made this before using the rulers and cutting the half squares from strips, or the normal half square triangle technique.  I don't think time was saved using their technique.  I was trying to find the tutorial to link to it, but was unsuccessful.  

I made this quilt using this tutorial.  I was disappointed with my colors in the photo.  They looked much better, thankfully, in person.  This baby quilt was for new co-workers who just had a baby.  Since I work from home, I didn't even know that they were expecting!

I bought this cute little scooter at a flea market a couple of years ago, just because.  I couldn't find any info about it anywhere.  I decided that I wanted to find a plug for it, so I must have used different search terms this time and discovered that this is a Pottery Barn Kids Vespa Scooter Light.  I still didn't find a plug to use with it.  It has a round port to plug the cord into.  I don't know if I can take it somewhere and just look for a plug to fit or not.  

Well, I have a few hours until I have to babysit again.  I want to straighten up my sewing room and begin working on a quilt I am making for my step daughter.  Lacey just earned her Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice (I think that's what it is.)  I wanted to give her something other than money.  Something that she will remember.  I let her select the colors-yellow and gray.  I think I am going to use the Fire Escape quilt pattern.  I may play around with it on EQ7 first to see if it will work, or maybe I will just dive in and hope for the best!  I had to buy all of the fabric for this because my stash is pretty limited on modern prints.  I don't' want to mess it up and am uncertain if it will look pretty.  I think I better do a mock up in EQ7 after all!

No comments: