Saturday, August 18, 2012

Orca Bay finished!

 Orca Bay is finished!  I wanted to be sure to get this finished before the next Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt begins.  I didn't like this quilt much until it was on the design wall.  Wow-it just sparkled!  I guess that is why I am a lowly quilt maker and not a designer.  Few of the pictures of Orca Bay that I have seen do this quilt justice, including mine!








I liked the red border I saw on one Orca Bay, but didn't want quite that much red, so I did a black binding with red piping.  I am pleased with that touch of red.














                                                                                                                                                                   
We celebrated Madison's third birthday today.  I gave her the quilt I made for her-but she was more interested in all the toys!


Here is a picture of Gobi when he helped me take a picture of a quilt.  He is now living in a new home.  He ended up being too rough for my little grand kids.  They loved him and wanted to play with him, but he thought they were rough and tough pups like he is.  The lady who took him had him for a while when I couldn't take him because I had Nala.  Her daughter fell in love with him and he will be living with her family now.  She knows his personality, so she knows what she is getting into!  We miss him.

On a very sad note, my grand kids other grandmother, the one with breast cancer, is losing her battle.  She went into hospice this week.  I am so grateful I made the breast cancer quilt for her last year.  I really thought she would beat this.  She has such an upbeat personality and is always so full of life.  It just doesn't seem possible that her time is ending here.  I don't know what to say to her, but I want to say goodbye.  How do you do that?  I am not close enough to visit her, but I want to send her a card, and maybe a mug rug to put on her bedside table.  I don't think I have a lot of time, so this will be my Sunday project.  

2 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Your quilt looks fabulous. Great job.

Gosh, it's always hard to know what to say. It is such a tough battle for them and anything you say will be wonderful.

LimeRiot said...

WOW!! Your quilt is absolutely stunning. Do you have any more close up photos? I love the design of the blocks.