I just added this picture to the Pets on Quilts show.
Here is my latest quilt finish. It is an older Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt, Carolina Christmas, that I posted about previously. It just didn't want to get finished. I had another border on it and didn't like it. I took the border off, took the top apart to see how I would like it with sashing. I ended up liking it better without the sashing, so finally got around to putting it back together, adding Bonnie's pieced border, which was much nicer than mine, and started to quilt it. I found one area that I hadn't sewn completely so that got hand sewn while on the frame. Then my helper from above-Gobi-decided he was going to play with the batting while the quilt was on the frame.
I was quilting it from one side and he was doing his thing on the other side. There were a total of two holes and the bottom piece was torn out. I cut some batting and patched them and can't tell where the holes were now that the quilt is all quilted. The final minor disaster was that I ran out of the thread I was quilting with. I was using a pink variegated thread. For about 1 square foot the thread isn't pink. It isn't very noticeable.
I decided to sew the binding on by hand. It has been a long time since I did anything but machine binding. I didn't mind the process like I used to, but I didn't love it either.
One more flower picture. Here is the bouquet that my son surprised me with for Mother's day. It was absolutely beautiful and lasted a long time, because they had a lot of buds in the arrangement.
Finally some recent photos of some of the grands.
The two oldest grands-Hayley and Kole-didn't get their pics taken. Maybe next time!
Goodbye until next time!