Sunday, July 10, 2011

Breast Cancer Quilt

I made this breast cancer quilt for my grandkids other grandmother.  She is going through her second round of chemo after being diagnosed seven years ago.  She has such a positive attitude-hoping for another seven years of remission.  I am praying that this round is the cure for her.  Like most mothers, she has devoted her life to her kids.   I wanted to give her something to help make her feel loved and appreciated.  If you feel so inclined, please say a prayer for her.







The flowers are still pretty in the yard despite the lack of regular rain.  Daisies, hydrangeas, phlox, cone-flowers and daylillies to name a few.  I forget to take pictures of the flowers and need to take some.  I have some pretty lace cap hydrangeas and pink daylillies that were at their peak a few days ago.  Now where did I put that camera?

3 comments:

Jessica said...

wow your flowers look awesome! My flowers aren't great this year.

Unknown said...

Still loving your garden!! But wow I love this quilt. Such beautiful pinks and a wonderful stitch pattern. Do you hand quilt? - and I will say prayers for her, too.

Sharon said...

I "love" the pink quilt. I'm glad she is staying positive, it's a tough road the first time, I hope I don't travel it a second time. Congrats on the win over at Humble Quilts!